Late winter treats in Fermanagh
As I sit and write this, the sun is shining and the wind has abated after the raging storm last night. There are actually signs of spring in the garden – snowdrops and daffodils, hellebores and crocus. And the bullfinches are back in the flowering plum tree. I know it’s still winter and we’re closed for another week, but the optimism is surging through my veins!
So, what have we got for you to look forward to?
- For the romantic amongst you, February brings Valentine’s Day, which falls on a Wednesday this year. So, you could have a midweek break or celebrate either side at the weekend. Whatever you choose, we are offering our King room Aspen to all lovers who want a bit of luxury in their lives. Two nights, with a choice of a heart chocolate cake or shortbread, a free spa goody bag and early check-in from 2.30pm. What’s more, you can order a charcuterie platter or a cheeseboard for £17.99 for two people to share in your room. Or if you want to go out to eat, we will take you to the Manor House, Molly’s Bar, or Tullana on the Green for free! Book Aspen before February 1st to get this special offer. Only £214 for two people, for two nights. What a treat!
Now, there are some rather jolly things happening around here in February, so let me tell you about a few of them, in case you haven’t been following our facebook page…..
- First up, how about a Brigid’s Day Retreat? Hosted by Cuilcagh National Park at the Markethouse, Blacklion from 10am till 5pm on February 3rd Half day and full day sessions available. What is Brigid’s Day? I hear you cry….well, let me fill you in!
Imbolc, also called St Brigid’s Day, marks the beginning of Spring and is the feast day of Ireland’s patroness. It’s on February 1st the approximate halfway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. And it’s the day we re-open for business!
- The Shambala Holistic centre at Derrylin is offering workshops : heart meditations, sound bath, heart mandala workshop and more. 9th – 11th February. Visit their website if you’d like a day of self-love.
- Or how about a bit of Earth Yoga in an awesome setting? On February 4th you can do this very thing at the Marble Arch Caves. Sounds cool, right?
- Maybe the theatre is more your thing? Then, check this out! Blood Wedding at the Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen on February 8th, 9th and 10th. This is the tale of a runaway bride and her bridegroom who chases after her and her married paramour, with rather unhappy results. The clue is probably in the title!
- For a mere £8 on February 17th you could do a bit of Dark Sky gazing. Join the Geopark and Planetarium staff for two hours in the mobile star dome dedicated to the wonders of space. I might just have to join you to infinity and beyond!
- Are there any fisherpeople out there? Well, here’s one for you. On Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th February from 9am till 5.30pm there’s free entry to the Fishing Tackle and Bait Open Weekend. And a free Goodie Bag for the first 100 customers on both days. This is at Old Scoth Stores, Sligo Road, Enniskillen.
Quite a lot to choose from, hey? And that’s just February!!
So, now’s the time to book for your little late winter/early spring break. See you soon!